Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Un-freaking-believable

Normally, I try to reserve this blog for posts about happy things, like crafting, my jewelry, things that I like on the interwebs, etc. Today, however, calls for an irate blog. WARNING: Foul language ahead.

You have been warned.

Here's the background info: I have a BA in Art. I am currently in grad school to get a Master's in Early Childhood Education. When your BA is not in Education and you go back to school to get a Master's in Ed, you have to take some interdisciplinary undergrad courses, these being Art for the Child, Music for the Child, and PE for the Child. Today, I had PE for the Child (EDU 393 at Converse). I had to teach a skill lesson. I taught my lesson, I thought it went fine, and the girls in my class seemed to like it. Unfortunately, my "professor" (I'm using that term loosely) did not like my lesson. The lesson I chose to teach was for 3rd and 4th graders, and the goal was to teach them a rudimentary version of an underhand volleyball serve. I got this lesson from www.pecentral.com, which is a resource my "professor" suggested.

According to my "professor," I taught the skill completely wrong, and she proceeded to rant on and on about how wrong my lesson was, and insinuated that I should not be a teacher, until I just couldn't take it anymore. BITCH PLEASE. I know I am a good teacher, as do my other professors and cooperating teachers with whom I have worked.

I am usually a pretty easygoing person, especially in my classes. I am respectful of my professors, and try very hard to do a good job. Today, though, I was not going to stand for her rudeness. I could not sit there and be bullied by this person in front of my entire class. I told her that I did not appreciate the way she was speaking to me, and that I felt the way she was handling the so-called "critique" was completely unprofessional. She basically called me a liar, and said that I did not get my lesson plan from pecentral.com, which I most certainly did. You can find the link here: http://www.pecentral.org/lessonideas/ViewLesson.asp?ID=4359. She said that there's no way the information I found was on PE Central, which again, it most certainly was. Again, I say BITCH PLEASE. Get your fucking facts straight before you try to contradict me. Don't EVER think you can get away with calling me a liar, because it won't happen.

I don't appreciate being called a liar, and I wasn't going to stand for it. The "professor" kept cutting me off when I was trying to speak, and said through clenched teeth, "I taught volleyball at the varsity level, don't tell me I'm wrong." At that point, I had had enough, and I grabbed my things and walked the fuck out.

On the way home I called the Dean of Graduate Education in tears, and asked for his help. I WILL NOT go back to that class, ever. I have NEVER been treated so rudely by anyone, much less a "professor." I'm meeting with him tomorrow, and I will do anything I can to keep from going back to her class. I'm not going to play nice and kiss the ass of someone who clearly has no respect for me, and for whom I have not one fucking iota of respect. Bitch.

After class was over, a friend of mine who's in the class with me called and said that one of the older ladies in our class was crying because the teacher was so hateful to me. That made me feel a little better, because at least I know the other students felt it too. Of course, no one said anything about it while it was happening. If she had been attacking another student like that, I would have jumped in immediately, but I guess I'm the only one with the balls to do it. I just won't sit idly by when I see someone else being mistreated.

Anyway, I'm still completely pissed, and would like nothing more than to slap that "professor" in public. Again, I can only say BITCH PLEASE. I hope my meeting with the dean tomorrow is productive, because I don't know what I will do otherwise. I don't want her to ever have the opportunity to treat someone else like that, and I hope the dean realizes what a terrible teacher she is.

I think this ends my rant. If things don't go well tomorrow I'm sure there will be more anger spouting.

One love.

No comments: