Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

See? I AM crafty!!

Sooo, I had this basket, and it was kind of busted and ugly. And I also had this cute fabric that I haven't found a use for yet. I decided to put two and two together, and I got a super-cute storage basket! I thought about using Shan's awesome method (you can fast forward to about the 4:35 minute mark, or watch the whole thing for some more craftiness! Here's a link to her blog, too.) using a hot glue gun, but then I figured I've got a sewing machine and moderately decent sewing skillz so I decided to do it the real way. I should measure and all that jazz, but who has time for that? Not me. So now I've got a sort of wonky lined basket, but it's under the bed in the "guest room" (aka, the crap room, and the bed doesn't even have a mattress, just a box spring (springs?), so it's not as if anyone's actually sleeping in there. Or even going in there, other than Nick and me, but anyway...) so no one will really see the whole thing. Especially not with stuff in it. Anyway, here's pics:

Before: Meh


After: Cute!

It's not perfect by any means, but it does go with the eventual color scheme of the room, which is grey, mustard, and a mushroomy brown color. (With some blue and green accents here and there--much cuter than it sounds, I promise!)

And yes, that IS my AWESOME light box (thanks to my Mama, who got it for me for Christmas)!! It was only $99 from Hammacher Schlemmer, and it included the pop-up light box/tent, three different colors of backdrops (four if you include the white one), two tripod lights, and a tripod for your camera! I know, it's crazy! And the light tent is so big--it's almost as tall as me! I'd say it's probaby like 4'10 or so. I'm not going to bust out my measuring tape (as if I could find it anyway) and measure it or anything, but let's just go with that estimate. Here's a link. Well the description says 40 inches, so that's probably close to my estimate. I don't do math. Hmm, okay so apparently the 20-inch tabletop one is only $99, which is the one I actually wanted. I guess my mom thought I needed a bigger one for some reason... Well get one if you need/want one because they're awesome! (Feel free to reference the above pictures and pictures of my jewelry.)

Cooter out.

No comments: