Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

So I'm participating in Apartment Therapy's Spring Cure. Not for the whole house (God knows that's going to take a LOT longer than 8 weeks), just for the craft room. Really, it should be called the crap room, because that's what it looks like right about now. After we got married and Nick moved all his stuff in, it went straight into the crap room (I'm going to call it that until it's cured) because it's closest to the front door. I should tell you that I can't even walk through the room. I have to jump and hop over stacks of books, rubbermaid storage containers (full of God knows what), and art and sewing supplies everywhere. Really, it's just sad. I'll post pictures as soon as I'm brave enough to venture in there.

Here's what I'm thinking:
-New shelving, made from drawers we found on the side of the road (SCORE!)
-Recovered desk chair (with some fabulous Joel Dewberry fabric)
-A lot of cleaning and organizing (hopefully with the help of some new IKEA cabinets)
-Hanging new art and framed fabrics on the walls
-Perhaps some new lighting...I am a Lamp Tramp, after all

I'm thinking those changes are going to make a huge difference in the room. I'll update and post pictures as I move along.

Wish me luck!

No comments: