Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

SCORE!

I got super-duper lucky in my thrifting endeavors yesterday, and wound up with a brand new chair for our den! The couch and chair-and-a-half that we have are bobo hand-me-downs that we got from a yard sale, and only bought them because they were cheap. I've started filling in with thrifted, antique store-bought pieces, and some handmade items to try and get a cohesive look. The main problems in our living room are: hideous dark green carpet, even more hideous pinkish/tan tile (yes, in addition to the carpet), and our total and complete lack of money. I would rip up the carpet and tile, but we can't afford new carpet (much less hardwood floors), so we would be sitting on lovely 80s-era linoleum (you're jealous, don't lie).

In an effort to brighten up the couch (there's only so much green-on-green that one can handle), I made some throw pillows out of some lovely blue flowered fabric. I also scored a hot pillow and throw from Marshall's that continue the blue accent action for the chair-and-a-half. I sewed up a quick little green pillow for the new blue chair to try and make it tie in better with the rest of the room. Anyway, here it is!

This is after I sewed the cute tiny pillow for it, but before I cleaned it, hence the dusty appearance.

I also got a torso - yes, a torso - for photographing my necklaces. As much as I love showcasing my double chin in my Etsy photos, I've been wanting one for a while, and it was meant to be because as soon as I walked into the Goodwill, my eyes fell upon it. There it was, sitting on top of a desk, in plain view from the entrance. It was calling to me, and I of course listened. Wouldn't you?


Oh yes, I forgot to mention that it's a male torso. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to put a bra on him and stuff it or just let him wear my necklaces without breast enhancement. We'll see...

I'm not done yet, though. I also got a sweet lamp (or candle stand for a fatty candle if it doesn't work). If it works, I'm going to paint it and use it for a friend's nursery that I'm decorating.

We'll call this the before picture

I also found a great dresser and an almost perfect match for the lamp I bought the day before, only it's a floor lamp! Could it be more perfect? No, it could not. All this stuff isn't for me, though. It's for my friends who are having twins. I'm decorating their nursery, so 'll be sanding, priming, and painting the lamps, dresser, and a few accessories this weekend, and I'll post pictures of the process some time next week.

Have a happy rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

Cancha-diction said...

love the pillow and chair. these are my two favorite colors! I plan on decorating my apartment with this theme.

I love your blog! if you check out mine we can follow each other. let me know :)

http://cancha-diction.blogspot.com/