Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Why am I up at 2:30 in the morning?

Well, I'll tell you. It's because I clicked over to MySpace for the first time in a LONG time to hear Neal Carpenter's music. Amazing? YES. I can't stop listening, especially to "Don't Give Up On Me." His music is like a mix of Ryan Adams, Kenny Rogers, vintage Michael McDonald, and a sprinkling of old-time bluegrass. That may not sound like your cup of tea, but you should DEFINITELY go to his MySpace site or iTunes and take a listen.

I grew up with Neal (I still live around the corner from his parents), and I never knew how musically talented he is. It's crazy that you can live down the street from someone your whole life and never really know them. Crazy.

Also, I have terrific, fantastic, wonderful news!! My friends Ryan and Heidi are the proud parents of twins, Owen and Ilona! They were born this afternoon via c-section, after a couple of touch-and-go moments in the hospital these past two weeks. They are about 9 weeks early, so there's a long road ahead, but they're doing great so far! They will most likely have to stay in the NICU for at least 4 weeks, so I've got some time before the nursery has to be finished (thankfully!).

That's all the updates for now. I guess I'll shuffle off to bed, seeing as it is L-A-T-E late!

No comments: