Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

WOW

I can't believe it's been so long since I blogged!! Well, I am now an old married lady! We celebrated our two-month anniversary yesterday! The wedding was everything I hoped it would be and more. It was the best day of my life, and I'm so glad that we are married! The honeymoon wasn't quite as wonderful, seeing as it ended after two days with a trip to the emergency room in Highlands, NC. Apparently, Nick had been walking around with a broken tailbone and a pilonidal cyst, the combination of which apparently resulted in a clusterf**k of intense pain. Nick is all healed up now, and back to playing hockey. We are as busy as can be, with work and school for both of us, but I don't know what we would do with ourselves if we suddenly had time on our hands. Life has been crazy hectic as usual, but I'm hoping things will simmer down after Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, my cousins, my sister, and I have decided to give each other homemade gifts this year, which is awesome. The only bad part is I haven't actually started making anything yet. I do have some jewelry that was listed in my Etsy shop that I can give (that is, if I'm willing to part with it...I'm still kind of stingy about my creations, sadly). I've taken down the shop for now--there's just been too much going on between work, grad school, getting married, and everything else! I'm hoping to have it back up by Valentine's day, with oodles of new and exciting stuff, so between now and then I'll be crafting away!

In my "free time," I have been exploring several FABULOUS and wonderful blogs...forgive me if I am a little slow on the uptake. I'm sure everyone else in the world has heard of them, but I am clearly behind the times. I've been spending an inordinate amount of time on design*sponge, which is amazing for many reasons, mostly because there are just so many great ideas and artists featured! I'm also hooked on knack, for her unbelievably gorgeous furniture facelifts and design aesthetic. As if that isn't cool enough already, the artiste behind
knack lives and works in Greenville, SC, where I was born, raised, and have never left! How cool is that? I can actually see her work in real life. Pretty cool, I think.

I'm currently obsessed with several things from IKEA, but as we are poorer even than church mice, I can only look and wish and dream and hope about all the lovely, inexpensive, needing-assembly furniture we could have in our house. I'm going to undertake several projects while on the Christmas break, the first of which being to recover my ugly old office chair that I use in my sewing/art/craft room. I'll post a before and after (if I can figure out how to do that...sad I know, but I am Blogger-illiterate). I will also be crafting some new crafty craftiness, but more on that later. Craft.

Hopefully now that school is out until January (ugh) I'll be able to post more frequently and figure out how to upload pictures. I'm not sure if my problems are due to using Firefox or what. Hmmm...I shall have to think about that.

Until later, much love and other indoor sports (thank you, Judy Blume, for that, my most favorite phrase).

Jess

No comments: