Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I rocked it

I'm not trying to brag, but I had a job interview today and I'm pretty sure I did AWESOME!! It's for a teaching position in Spartanburg County (about 45 minutes away). I LOVE the school's philosophy, vision, and overall essence, but I don't love the drive. On one hand, it'll be very quiet at 6:30 in the morning, when I'm driving there, but on the other, I'LL BE DRIVING THERE AT 6:30 IN THE MORNING! I know lots of people commute for their jobs, so if I get it I'll just suck it up and deal. Plus, my friend Jessica said that her mom liked teaching so far from home because it gave her time to decompress on the way home.

Honestly, if they had offered me the job today I would have taken it! There are no school jobs in Greenville County (unless you're a high school coach), so I'm just excited that I had an interview! Plus, I didn't even apply for the job--they found my application on the state website and contacted me for the interview.

I've been uber-busy making wedding jewelry for some of my friends, plus I've got a jewelry party next Wednesday and I'm now selling in a local boutique, so I've got a lot on my plate! My Etsy shops are on the back burner for right now, but I will update them after next week is over and I can breathe easy again!

I'll have pics of the bridesmaids'/bridal jewelry next week. I hope everyone is having a great Thursday afternoon!

I'm off to the craft room!

1 comment:

Kristen May, K.May Creations said...

Congrats on the interview! I found your shop on Etsy and loved it so much I had to check out your blog. I have been unemployed for over a year, and do not miss the commute, but I agree with your friend Jessica's mom - I prefer to work at least a half hour from home for the decompression time. Good luck with that, and with your jewelry - it's just beautiful!