Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Just wondering

But is EVERYONE in the blogosphere Mormon? I'm NOT saying there's anything wrong with being Mormon, but it seems like 9 out of every 10 blogs I stumble across are written by Mormon women. Again, NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, just sayin'. Of course, I quit reading Catholics' blogs after every other f-ing word was Jesus this and Jesus that, and all overly pious (I'm Catholic so I'm allowed to say that). I want to enjoy my blog-reading experience, thankyouverymuch, not feel like I'm sitting through a homily. Also, most of the Catholic-authored blogs I've read seem like they're trying to out-Catholic everybody else, talking about how everything they do is all about God, and how they went to this, that, and the other at church, and Fr. This says that....ugh. Gag me. I wouldn't mind if I thought it was authentic, but it seems like they're doing all this great stuff just so they can brag about it on their lame, boring blog.

ANYWAY, sorry to rant. I've been posting stuff on hawleywood, making jewelry, and gearing up for student teaching, instead of revamping furniture and cleaning the house like I should be. Oh well. I'm sure I will have a crazy rant after my first week of student teaching next week. I hope not, but I'm pretty sure it's inevitable.

I hope all two of my blog readers are having lovely weekends! I know I am! Our nephew Cooper had his 3rd birthday party today at Frankie's Fun Park, so we played Putt-Putt, some drove go-karts, and some went batting. I myself was a spectator in all except Putt-Putt. It was a lot of fun, and now we're hanging out at our friends' apartment, and Nick's playing Mario Tennis on the Wii.

I think I'm the only person my age who doesn't (and has never) gotten into video games. My sister and I had an Atari for literally two weeks, until my mom took it away because we fought over it. Oh, and I also had a Video Painter. I'll let that sink in. A Video Painter. You don't know what that is, you say? Well, allow me to enlighten you. The Video Painter is the retarded step-cousin of the video game. In fact, they are only related in that they both connect to your TV, and both have the word video in them. That's where the similarities end. You can use the Video Painter to color pictures that came with the Video Painter, do 5 puzzles over and over again, and spend countless hours wanting to stab yourself in the eye.

Fun, right? Here's a picture to make you all jealous of the totally awesome video painter I had while my cousins had every freaking Nintendo available, and my other cousin Mer at least had a Sega Genesis for crying out loud! What did I have? A VIDEO PAINTER.


Here's a little analogy for you: Video Painter : Video Game::Carob : Chocolate

Don't even try to tell me you like carob because CLEARLY it is no substitute for chocolate so don't even try it.

cooter out. tooter town.

No comments: